Blog: Gomez ’14 Eager to Explore ‘Amazing’ UK in Year Abroad

September 26th, 2012 by

Photo by: Christian Santillo

NAME Brandon Gomez ’14

HOMETOWN East Haven, Conn.

AREAS OF STUDY English and theatre double major

WHERE HE’S STUDYING University of York in England

WHY HE CHOSE ENGLAND
“Having been lucky enough to travel to England last summer on the British Theatre in Perspective summer program, I knew it was only a matter of time until I came back to the amazing U.K. The people are friendly, the history is endless, and there’s no better place to study both English and theatre.”

WHAT HE’S MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO “Meeting new people, embracing the culture, and taking on a new learning style. But most of all, I look forward to learning new things through first-hand exposure in the culturally rich U.K. To have the ability to read a book and then stand where the author wrote his/her masterpiece or even pay my respects over the author’s place of burial. I am excited to learn both in the classroom and through my interactions with the history surrounding me.”

WHY HE’S BLOGGING “I want to share my experience with my peers. I want future applicants to benefit from my blog entries as they see the excitement and joy of studying abroad. And more selfishly, I don’t want to forget a single moment while I’m abroad. Therefore, blogging will help me as much as it will help others. I look forward to feedback from my Holy Cross family and many others.”

Read the blog »

Related Information:

• Check out our admissions and photo blogs, along with many of our other online journals at me.holycross.edu
Tags
Categories
News

Comments (1)
  1. Annie says:

YAY Brandon ~ I’m so excited for you and your new adventure! What an unbelievable experience! Can’t wait to hear about everything that you’re up to. Enjoy every second!

08/24/16 VIDEO: Stephen Colbert Talks Holy Cross in Web Exclusive
08/22/16 End of Summer Reminds Holy Cross English Professor Why She Teaches
08/19/16 Eight Members of the Holy Cross Community Present Research at Genetics Conference
08/19/16 Students Conduct Cutting-Edge Research Across Disciplines Over the Summer
Featured Videos

See video
VIDEO: Stephen Colbert Talks Holy Cross in Web Exclusive

Watch Video >
See video
Video: Total Giving to Holy Cross Breaks Record With $46.7 Million Raised

Watch Video >
See video
Video: Spring Blooms on Holy Cross Campus

Watch Video >
See video
Video: Class of 2016 Shares What’s Next

Watch Video >
See video
‘Major in Anything…Succeed in Business’

Watch Video >
See video
Photo Gallery, Video: Obama Advisor Broderick Johnson ’78 Speaks on ‘My Brother’s Keeper,’ Other White House Initiatives

Watch Video >

30 Jan 2017, 7:00 pm
Loyola Hall
See More >

Woven Power: Ritual Textiles of Sarawak and West Kalimantan
14 Dec 2016, 10:00 am
OKANE
"Pua kumbu" are magnificent, intricately dyed, hand-loomed cotton ikat textiles once woven as religious... See More >

Woven Power: Ritual Textiles of Sarawak and West Kalimantan

Woven Power: Ritual Textiles of Sarawak and West Kalimantan
2 Dec 2016, 10:00 am
OKANE

More Holy Cross in the News

08/24/16

VIDEO: Stephen Colbert Talks Holy Cross in Web Exclusive

In a Facebook web exclusive, comedian and host of “The Late Show” Stephen Colbert demonstrated the far reach of the College of the Holy Cross Community. When asked by an...

08/22/16

End of Summer Reminds Holy Cross English Professor Why She Teaches

Boston Globe

Even though the summer goes by too fast for Leila Philip, the “August migration back to campus” is a good thing, she wrote in an opinion piece published by the Boston...

08/19/16

Holy Cross Alumna, Professor Experience the Olympics in Rio

BBC World Service | The New York Times | The Wall Street Journal | Inside Higher Ed | Telegram & Gazette | GoLocalWorcester.com | Charter TV3

Annie O’Shea ’12 and Victor Matheson, professor of economics at College of the Holy Cross, helped media outlets localize the Olympic Games during their recent trips to...