Twenty-eighty students from the class of 2013 at the College of the Holy Cross will be inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu, the Jesuit honor society, on October 28. Alpha Sigma Nu seeks out students at Jesuit institutions of higher learning who embody and live out the values of scholarship, loyalty and service. Candidates in the top 15 percent of their class are invited to apply, and from this group, membership is awarded to only four percent.
• Samantha M. Adams (Concord, Mass.) major: economics, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Mary G. Bidgood (Melrose, Mass.) major: political science, minor: history, concentration: prelaw
• Andrew J. Biedlingmaier (Severna Park, Md.) major: biology, concentration: premedical
• Alexander J. Bradford (Bedford, Mass.) major: economics and mathematics
• Kelly E. Casey (Wethersfield, Conn.) major: English, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• James M. Cavanagh (Warwick, R.I.) major: history
• Kathryn A. Chobanian (Etna, N.H.) major: self-designed, healthcare studies and sociology
• George R. Ciociolo, Jr. (Jefferson, Mass.) major: psychology
• Suzanne E. Crifo (Glen Rock, N.J.) major: mathematics and music
• Brooke E. Cunningham (West Hartford, Conn.) major: Spanish, minor: chemistry, concentration: premedical
• Katherine A. Grant (Bronxville, N.Y.) major: self-designed, modernism
• Christopher M. Kalpin (Swampscott, Mass.) major: economics
• Frances D. Klimczak (Collinsville, Conn.) major: mathematics, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Travis J. LaCouter (Concord, N.H.) major: political science and Catholic studies
• Kevin C. Molloy (Yonkers, N.Y.) major: religious studies
• Kimberly E. Monaco (Stratham, N.H.) major: economics and religious studies
• Brandon T. Nunn (Fairport, N.Y.) major: economics, minor: visual arts/history
• Joshua T. Olson (Woodbury, Minn.) major: chemistry, concentration: premedical
• Patrick J. O’Neil (Bradford, Mass.) major: biology, concentration: premedical
• Allegra M. P Parrillo (Cranston, R.I.) major: biology, concentration: premedical and biochemistry
• Christine M. Renaud (Lisbon Falls, Maine) major: psychology and sociology
• Adriana M. Sarni (Wellesley, Mass.) major: philosophy
• Katherine C. Shapleigh (St Louis, Mo.) major: studies in world literature, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Christopher R. Shugrue (Rocky Hill, Conn.) major: chemistry
• James R. Simmons, Jr. (Wantagh, N.Y.) major: history and political science
• Elizabeth A. Sundheim (Clarks Summit, Pa.) major: economics
• Katherine A. Wallace (Fairfield, Conn.) major: visual arts/studio, minor: visual arts/history
• Elizabeth A. Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) major: religious studies
Patrick J. O’Neil ’13, was elected president of the society and will represent Holy Cross at the national meeting of Alpha Sigma Nu, which was held in Philadelphia earlier this month.
In addition to student inductees, there will be four honorary members of the College community inducted: Charles Anderton, professor of economics; James Kee, professor of English; Bianca Sculimbrene, assistant professor of chemistry; and Paul Melley, assistant chaplain and director of liturgical music.
For additional information, please contact Cristal Steuer at 508-793-2419.
‘A Sea of Change in Admissions?’
Insider Higher Ed
The College of the Holy Cross is one of 80 colleges and universities that have joined the Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success. The Coalition is dedicated to...09/30/15
Holy Cross Featured in U.S. News & World Report College Road Trip
U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report’s “Central Massachusetts College Road Trip” visited the College of the Holy Cross Campus last September. The article, excerpted from U.S....09/23/15
Holy Cross Community Members Make Headlines During Pope Francis’ U.S. Visit
New York Times | Associated Press | NECN | WBZ TV | Fox 25 | WCVB TV | Huffington Post | Fortune Magazine
With Pope Francis arriving in the U.S., members of the College of the Holy Cross community have been busy sharing their stories and expertise about the first Jesuit pontiff...