Twenty-eighty students from the class of 2013 at the College of the Holy Cross will be inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu, the Jesuit honor society, on October 28. Alpha Sigma Nu seeks out students at Jesuit institutions of higher learning who embody and live out the values of scholarship, loyalty and service. Candidates in the top 15 percent of their class are invited to apply, and from this group, membership is awarded to only four percent.
• Samantha M. Adams (Concord, Mass.) major: economics, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Mary G. Bidgood (Melrose, Mass.) major: political science, minor: history, concentration: prelaw
• Andrew J. Biedlingmaier (Severna Park, Md.) major: biology, concentration: premedical
• Alexander J. Bradford (Bedford, Mass.) major: economics and mathematics
• Kelly E. Casey (Wethersfield, Conn.) major: English, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• James M. Cavanagh (Warwick, R.I.) major: history
• Kathryn A. Chobanian (Etna, N.H.) major: self-designed, healthcare studies and sociology
• George R. Ciociolo, Jr. (Jefferson, Mass.) major: psychology
• Suzanne E. Crifo (Glen Rock, N.J.) major: mathematics and music
• Brooke E. Cunningham (West Hartford, Conn.) major: Spanish, minor: chemistry, concentration: premedical
• Katherine A. Grant (Bronxville, N.Y.) major: self-designed, modernism
• Christopher M. Kalpin (Swampscott, Mass.) major: economics
• Frances D. Klimczak (Collinsville, Conn.) major: mathematics, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Travis J. LaCouter (Concord, N.H.) major: political science and Catholic studies
• Kevin C. Molloy (Yonkers, N.Y.) major: religious studies
• Kimberly E. Monaco (Stratham, N.H.) major: economics and religious studies
• Brandon T. Nunn (Fairport, N.Y.) major: economics, minor: visual arts/history
• Joshua T. Olson (Woodbury, Minn.) major: chemistry, concentration: premedical
• Patrick J. O’Neil (Bradford, Mass.) major: biology, concentration: premedical
• Allegra M. P Parrillo (Cranston, R.I.) major: biology, concentration: premedical and biochemistry
• Christine M. Renaud (Lisbon Falls, Maine) major: psychology and sociology
• Adriana M. Sarni (Wellesley, Mass.) major: philosophy
• Katherine C. Shapleigh (St Louis, Mo.) major: studies in world literature, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Christopher R. Shugrue (Rocky Hill, Conn.) major: chemistry
• James R. Simmons, Jr. (Wantagh, N.Y.) major: history and political science
• Elizabeth A. Sundheim (Clarks Summit, Pa.) major: economics
• Katherine A. Wallace (Fairfield, Conn.) major: visual arts/studio, minor: visual arts/history
• Elizabeth A. Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) major: religious studies
Patrick J. O’Neil ’13, was elected president of the society and will represent Holy Cross at the national meeting of Alpha Sigma Nu, which was held in Philadelphia earlier this month.
In addition to student inductees, there will be four honorary members of the College community inducted: Charles Anderton, professor of economics; James Kee, professor of English; Bianca Sculimbrene, assistant professor of chemistry; and Paul Melley, assistant chaplain and director of liturgical music.
For additional information, please contact Cristal Steuer at 508-793-2419.
‘Holy Cross Professors Take Students on In-Depth Study of Holocaust Sites in Central Europe’
In the October issue of Connections, an online publication of the Associations of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, two College of the Holy Cross professors were featured...10/10/14
‘Holy Cross’ Sean Gustin never rests’
Worcester Telegram & Gazette
The Worcester Telegram & Gazette profiled College of the Holy Cross student Sean Gustin ’16 as a stand out scholar- athlete who is a member of both the Crusader...10/06/14
‘Any way the wind blows’
Worcester Telegram & Gazette
The Worcester Telegram & Gazette recently featured a photo gallery of the first annual New England Collegiate Marching Band Festival, hosted by the College of the Holy...