Twenty-eighty students from the class of 2013 at the College of the Holy Cross will be inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu, the Jesuit honor society, on October 28. Alpha Sigma Nu seeks out students at Jesuit institutions of higher learning who embody and live out the values of scholarship, loyalty and service. Candidates in the top 15 percent of their class are invited to apply, and from this group, membership is awarded to only four percent.
• Samantha M. Adams (Concord, Mass.) major: economics, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Mary G. Bidgood (Melrose, Mass.) major: political science, minor: history, concentration: prelaw
• Andrew J. Biedlingmaier (Severna Park, Md.) major: biology, concentration: premedical
• Alexander J. Bradford (Bedford, Mass.) major: economics and mathematics
• Kelly E. Casey (Wethersfield, Conn.) major: English, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• James M. Cavanagh (Warwick, R.I.) major: history
• Kathryn A. Chobanian (Etna, N.H.) major: self-designed, healthcare studies and sociology
• George R. Ciociolo, Jr. (Jefferson, Mass.) major: psychology
• Suzanne E. Crifo (Glen Rock, N.J.) major: mathematics and music
• Brooke E. Cunningham (West Hartford, Conn.) major: Spanish, minor: chemistry, concentration: premedical
• Katherine A. Grant (Bronxville, N.Y.) major: self-designed, modernism
• Christopher M. Kalpin (Swampscott, Mass.) major: economics
• Frances D. Klimczak (Collinsville, Conn.) major: mathematics, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Travis J. LaCouter (Concord, N.H.) major: political science and Catholic studies
• Kevin C. Molloy (Yonkers, N.Y.) major: religious studies
• Kimberly E. Monaco (Stratham, N.H.) major: economics and religious studies
• Brandon T. Nunn (Fairport, N.Y.) major: economics, minor: visual arts/history
• Joshua T. Olson (Woodbury, Minn.) major: chemistry, concentration: premedical
• Patrick J. O’Neil (Bradford, Mass.) major: biology, concentration: premedical
• Allegra M. P Parrillo (Cranston, R.I.) major: biology, concentration: premedical and biochemistry
• Christine M. Renaud (Lisbon Falls, Maine) major: psychology and sociology
• Adriana M. Sarni (Wellesley, Mass.) major: philosophy
• Katherine C. Shapleigh (St Louis, Mo.) major: studies in world literature, concentration: peace and conflict studies
• Christopher R. Shugrue (Rocky Hill, Conn.) major: chemistry
• James R. Simmons, Jr. (Wantagh, N.Y.) major: history and political science
• Elizabeth A. Sundheim (Clarks Summit, Pa.) major: economics
• Katherine A. Wallace (Fairfield, Conn.) major: visual arts/studio, minor: visual arts/history
• Elizabeth A. Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) major: religious studies
Patrick J. O’Neil ’13, was elected president of the society and will represent Holy Cross at the national meeting of Alpha Sigma Nu, which was held in Philadelphia earlier this month.
In addition to student inductees, there will be four honorary members of the College community inducted: Charles Anderton, professor of economics; James Kee, professor of English; Bianca Sculimbrene, assistant professor of chemistry; and Paul Melley, assistant chaplain and director of liturgical music.
For additional information, please contact Cristal Steuer at 508-793-2419.
Local Paper Highlights Holy Cross on Jeopardy
Telegram & Gazette
Hey @collegeoftheholycross! A: purple! @jeopardy #jeopardy #holycross #gocrusaders #saders #gocrossgo A photo posted by Kasandra R. (@urbaninsuburbia) on Jul 4, 2016 at...07/26/16
Congressman McGovern Recognizes Chick Weiss’ Career Before Congress
In his recent remarks to Congress, Rep. Jim McGovern honored Charles “Chick” Weiss for his 41-year career at College of the Holy Cross and his contributions to the City...07/18/16
Holy Cross Professor Helps Demystify How America Views Medicated Children
Pacific Standard | The Week
The Pacific Standard picked the brain of Ara Francis, assistant professor of sociology at the College of the Holy Cross, to myth-bust the way America understands...