Blog: Personalized Education Draws Chen ’17 to Holy Cross

October 7th, 2013 by

NAME Ellen Chen ’17

HOMETOWN Waltham, Mass.

STUDIES SHE’S CONSIDERING Major in chemistry or biology

WHY SHE CHOSE HOLY CROSS “At the beginning of my senior year of high school, I wasn’t sure which schools to apply to. When one of my friends told me about Holy Cross, my curiosity led me to do my own research about the school. Naturally, I looked around the Holy Cross site and when I noticed the student to faculty ratio of 10 to 1, I was amazed at the figure. I knew I wanted to go to a school where I was not just a number — that I could have a personal relationship with my professors.”

ACTIVITIES “I have currently signed up for Eco-Action and Science Ambassadors.”

WHAT SHE’S MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO “I’m looking forward to meeting new people, going to athletic events, and broadening my knowledge through academics.”

WHY SHE’S BLOGGING “When I was applying to schools, I read the blogs on the Holy Cross site and students shared how great their experiences were. As I read through some of them, I knew that if I ended up going to Holy Cross, I would want to be a blogger to show prospective students my daily experiences here on The Hill.”

Read the blog »

Related Information:

• Check out our admissions and photo blogs, along with many of our other online journals at me.holycross.edu

Comments are closed.

08/22/16 End of Summer Reminds Holy Cross English Professor Why She Teaches
08/19/16 Eight Members of the Holy Cross Community Present Research at Genetics Conference
08/19/16 Students Conduct Cutting-Edge Research Across Disciplines Over the Summer
08/19/16 Holy Cross Alumna, Professor Experience the Olympics in Rio
Featured Videos

See video
Video: Total Giving to Holy Cross Breaks Record With $46.7 Million Raised

Watch Video >
See video
Video: Spring Blooms on Holy Cross Campus

Watch Video >
See video
Video: Class of 2016 Shares What’s Next

Watch Video >
See video
‘Major in Anything…Succeed in Business’

Watch Video >
See video
Photo Gallery, Video: Obama Advisor Broderick Johnson ’78 Speaks on ‘My Brother’s Keeper,’ Other White House Initiatives

Watch Video >

30 Jan 2017, 7:00 pm
Loyola Hall
See More >

Woven Power: Ritual Textiles of Sarawak and West Kalimantan
14 Dec 2016, 10:00 am
OKANE
"Pua kumbu" are magnificent, intricately dyed, hand-loomed cotton ikat textiles once woven as religious... See More >

Woven Power: Ritual Textiles of Sarawak and West Kalimantan

2 Dec 2016, 10:00 am
OKANE

More Holy Cross in the News

08/22/16

End of Summer Reminds Holy Cross English Professor Why She Teaches

Boston Globe

Even though the summer goes by too fast for Leila Philip, the “August migration back to campus” is a good thing, she wrote in an opinion piece published by the Boston...

08/19/16

Holy Cross Alumna, Professor Experience the Olympics in Rio

BBC World Service | The New York Times | The Wall Street Journal | Inside Higher Ed | Telegram & Gazette | GoLocalWorcester.com | Charter TV3

Annie O’Shea ’12 and Victor Matheson, professor of economics at College of the Holy Cross, helped media outlets localize the Olympic Games during their recent trips to...

08/17/16

Holy Cross Athletics Director Throws First Pitch at Yankee Stadium

On Monday, Holy Cross athletics director Nate Pine threw out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium prior to that evening’s baseball game. The visit to New York and Pine’s...